Fizik R1B Uomo Road Cycling Shoe
Available to Order
R1B Uomo: fi’zi:k’s range of road cycling shoes is developed in collaboration with leading professional cyclists and used to great effect by WorldTour, Olympic and World Championship riders. The best technologies, materials, R&D, testing and manufacture techniques are used to deliver you the best shoes for road riding and racing. R1B is the top of the range; the optimum in performance cycling shoe design; the perfect blend of comfort and light weight, fit, power transfer and aerodynamic efficiency. R1B features fi’z:k’s new proprietary Volume Control technology: whereby the shape of each shoe can be changed individually and adapted to any rider’s foot for optimum fit and comfort; and fi’z:k’s Extended Power Strap, a system adjusting the fit of the heel cup around the rider’s foot, resulting in increasing power transfer. Both the Volume Control and Extended Power Strap are micro-adjustable using Boa IP1 closure controls. The R1B’s out sole is fully uni-directional carbon fibre – with built-in ventilation that further enhances both cooling and the aerodynamics. It combines with the proven supportive and comfortable fi’zi:k Cycling Insole with sculpted footbeds and supportive heel to ensure that every precious watt goes straight into your pedals.
- The R1B’s Microfiber upper is hard-wearing
- light, and resilient with enough flexibility to ensure that the Volume Control technology works to shape the shoe to every rider’s foot, but strong enough to withstand the demands of racing.
- The diamond-shaped laser-cut perforations help temperature management in harmony with the sole’s air duct.
- R1B Uomo weighs just 227g
Why use BOA?
- Glove-like fit: it provides custom comfort with smooth, even closure and no pressure points.
- Powerful closure: once locked into place, BOA reels and laces stay that way.
- Micro-adjustability: BOA reels offer seemingly infinite degrees of fine tuning.
- Quick on, quick off: BOA saves time when seconds count.
- On-the-fly adjustment: get easy, one-handed adjustment with a quick turn of the BOA dial.
- Durable: made from aircraft grade stainless steel, BOA laces are stronger per gram than tank armour.
- Lightweight: BOA closures shed water, mud and ice, shaving precious weight.
Adjusting the BOA dial closest to the toe will alter the fit and distributed pressure around the foot, enhancing comfort and performance.
Adjusting the BOA dial closest to the heel will alter the fit of the heel cup around the foot, increasing power transfer and maximising performance.
- Uni-Directional Carbon Fibre Outsole (very stiff!), vented to improve its aerodynamics
- Replaceable heel skid plate (bolt-on design)
- Laser-perforated Microtex upper (as used on fi'zi:k saddle covers: lighter than leather, very durable, good in wet conditions, breathable and cleans up well).
- Double BOA IP1 closure system (tri-modal: tighten, loosen and complete release)
- Neutral fit to accommodate the majority of foot shapes
- Volume: fully adjustable down to the toe using Double BOA closure system
- Fi'zi:k Cycling Insole
- Weight: 227g (size 42.5)
- Colour: White or Black