Ride Paris Roubaix 2018 with Bike Science
Join Bike Science to experience one of the world's truly classic cycling events.
The Paris - Roubaix challenge is run over three different distances to suit a range of abilities and gives mere mortals a chance to ride the same cobbles used in what for many is THE race of year in the pro calendar.
The trip is open to all. Anyone who wants to ride or spectate. Paris Roubaix should be on everyone's bucket list!
Read on for details, pricing and how to book.
If you require any further information GET IN TOUCH.
Friday 6th April
Travel to Roubaix. Depart from Bristol early on Friday 6th April. A mid afternoon Channel Tunnel means we'll arrive in Roubaix late afternoon ready for event registration.
Hotel accommodation is approx 15 mins drive from Roubaix.
Pricing below assumes shared room accommodation. If you require single occupancy or are a family or couple then the selected hotel can be very flexible so please let us know your requirements.
Saturday 7th April
Entries have not opened yet for the 2018 event. We are keeping a daily check up on the event website.
YOU WILL NEED TO ENTER YOURSELF IN THE EVENT. COST OF ENTRY IS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS PACKAGE PRICE. WE'VE DONE THIS TO ALLOW NON RIDING FRIENDS AND RELATIONS TO BE ABLE TO JOIN US FOR THE TRIP IF THEY WISH.
Three different distances can be ridden. 70km, 145km or 172km.
You can ride any distance you choose. All three events finish in Roubaix's famous velodrome.
Be aware that transport back to the hotel may not happen until the last of our riders is back in to the finish.
The 70km and 145km events start and finish in Roubaix at the velodrome. Cobbles are included in both events.
The 172km event starts out on the course and rides back to Roubaix to finish on the Velodrome. This route includes every section of the famous Pavé. This is a truly unique challenge not to be missed!
IMPORTANT :- IF BOOKING FOR THE LONGER 172km EVENT. YOU MUST BOOK BUS TRANSPORT TO THE START FROM ROUBAIX. THIS SELLS OUT, SO BOOK IT AT THE SAME TIME AS YOUR EVENT ENTRY.
Transport will be provided for you to and from the event from the hotel.
The Pro Race
Sunday 8th April
The pro race starts in Compiègne and follows a route of approximately 260km back to Roubaix taking in some 30 secteurs of cobbles. The cobbles vary in condition, difficulty and length and are given a rating out of five stars to indicate their relative toughness to ride and significance in the race.
Traffic permitting, it is possible to catch the race early on in the day, then see it for a second time at one of the famous secteurs. Mons en Pévèle and Carrefour de L'Abre are traditionally the most popular places to watch (as something major nearly always happens in both of these sections).
Monday 9th April
Travelling back on the Monday gives us chance to really enjoy the pro race on Sunday. The Channel Tunnel is booked for late morning giving us time to have a decent breakfast and get there in plenty of time before the drive back to Bristol.
The total price per person for the trip is £380
- Transport for you and your bike to Roubaix and back to Bristol
- 3 nights hotel accommodation including breakfast (based on shared room accommodation - contact us if you have specific room requirements)
- Training rides throughout the winter
- Training and Equipment Tips - Taming the cobbles!
- Pre Roubaix open evening at Bike Science Bristol for drinks, food and showing of Roubaix documentary
What's not included?
- Insurance - We would recommend British Cycling membership as they have an option that will insure you during the event itself. You need to be covered for accidents/medical during the event itself, plus normal travel insurance to cover both your medical expenses and belongings. We will ask you to provide your insurance details with about 10 days to go before departure. Please ensure you have this organised by then.
- Event Entry - You need to enter yourself on the vent website. Entry fees are not expensive. In the region of £20 to £40 depending on the distance you opt for. Remember to book the bus as well if riding the long route.
How To Book
Contact us ASAP if you'd like to join us.
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 0117 9273444
To confirm your booking, We will ask for a £100 deposit per person to secure your place with the rest of the balance payable 1 month before the trip. In case of cancellation, refund of your deposit will only be given in cases where we manage to fill your place. You must be over eighteen and have a valid passport enabling travel to France!
PLACES ARE LIMITED - 10 SLOTS REMAINING